- An international non-profit organization.
- Driven by local needs and market conditions, their programs provide communities with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives.
Flood Relief Efforts (Last Updated 17 Aug. 2010)
- Mercy Corps has deployed seven trucks and staff to deliver safe drinking water to the Mingora/Saidu town. As a result, nearly 10,000 people are getting safe drinking water in the town on daily basis. Water filling stations from where water tankers are being filled has been disinfected and has been improved to ensure delivering of safe water to survivors.
- Mercy Corps is also helping direct resources of other response agencies. They’re organizing the distribution of water-purification tablets to far-flung villages, and buying supplies to build new water points and repair handpumps.
- Also procuring construction tools to go into emergency kits to 250 families. Flooding has washed away house, agriculture land, village and valley roads and other infrastructure. The tool kits will include wheelbarrows, pickaxes, shovels and jerry cans.
PO Box 2669, Dept W,
Portland OR, 97208-2669,